Blank install screen!

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

Re: Blank install screen!

Postby kamermans » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:53 pm

try sudo yum install php-mysqli
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby ohdang888 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:44 am

Edit: *See Below*
Last edited by ohdang888 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohdang888

Postby ohdang888 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:06 am

Oh, ok i found a small tutorial (http://gotoandlearn.com/play.php?id=130) and saw what update screen is SUPPOSED to look like (see 7 Minutes, 9 seconds). Mine only is displaying:

Code: Select all
Downloading WURFL from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wurfl/WURFL/latest/wurfl-latest.zip ...
done (/var/www/Tera-Wurfl/data/wurfl.xml: 15.91 MB [965.14 KB compressed])
Downloaded in 1.00614404678 sec @ 7.86 Mbps

and NOT all that "Database Update OK" sorta stuff. What could be the issue?!

Thanks for helping with this, btw! It looks like an AWESOME project
ohdang888

Postby kamermans » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:51 am

Did you get MySQLi installed ok? Does the install.php page show any errors or warnings? The update process actually recreates the database tables each time, and this happens after the download completes. If all you see is the download portion, then there is a database problem.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby ohdang888 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:04 am

Only warning on installation page is
   ZipArchive Support    ... WARNING
In order to update the WURFL File from the Internet, you must have support for the ZipArchive module. This module is included with PHP since 5.2.0. You can get the ZipArchive class from the PECL Zip package. Note: you can still use Tera-WURFL without ZipArchive, Tera-WURFL will attempt to call the gunzip program from your system to unzip the compressed WURFL archive. If this fails, you must download the archive manually and extract wurfl.xml to your data/ directory.

But its actually updating the file just fine, i think. Either way, i don't think thats the source of my problem here (i'd guess?)

Anyways, When i go to the local option, it throws this
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@****.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

There is nothing in error_log. I've test mysqli, it works just fine (and the installation page says its fine too). File permissions of the entire admin and data folders at 755, with the same owners/groups.
ohdang888

Postby ohdang888 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:10 am

ALSO: tables are not created with upload of install.php. The database hasn't be touched yet

yet it says
MySQLi Support    ... OK
and
Connecting to DB server... OK
DB Name (schema): testTeraWurfl

all good. this is frustrating :/
ohdang888

Postby kamermans » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:26 am

I guess when it rains, it pours! Is there any way that you can give me an SSH account so I can take a look at what's going on? I'm never able to reproduce these problems, so it would be nice to see exactly what the problem is. If so, just PM or email me the info, if not, you should verify that the wurfl.xml is > 0 bytes and check your php error log (somewhere like /var/log/httpd/errors.log).
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby kamermans » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 pm

This problem has been resolved. You were lucky enough to run into two problems: 1) MySQLi wasn't installed, and 2) You had the illusive Segmentation Fault while updating.

Thanks to you giving me access to your server, I was able to identify the root cause of this segfault that has been driving me crazy and I've resolved it in the code! https://github.com/kamermans/Tera-WURFL ... 2d5bf05ea1

You will need to download the latest version of Tera-WURFL from https://github.com/kamermans/Tera-WURFL/ and put it on the server - after that all should be well!
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

kamermans
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Installation / Configuration