Installation file OK, but cannot update database

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

Installation file OK, but cannot update database

Postby martina » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Hello,
I am very new to tera-wurfl and got stuck with the installation.
The installation file looks ok but trying to update database from local file doesn't work:
Either the browser wants to download updatedb.php OR
following Error occures:
ERROR LOADING DATA!
Errors:
array (
0 => 'DB server reported error on id "panasonic_mx7_ver1": User \'my-db-user\' has exceeded the \'max_updates\' resource (current value: 12500)',
)

Running the wurfl test script shows this error:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Table 'my-db-name.TeraWurflCache' doesn't exist' in /path/to/my/tera-wurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php:358 Stack trace: #0 /path/to/my/tera-wurfl/TeraWurfl.php(292): TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5->getDeviceFromCache('SonyEricssonK70...') #1 /path/to/my/tera-wurfl/check_wurfl.php(52): TeraWurfl->getDeviceCapabilitiesFromAgent('SonyEricssonK70...') #2 {main} thrown in /path/to/my/tera-wurfl/DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php on line 358

Trying to update database from wurfl.sourceforge.net shows also an error:
Downloading WURFL from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... latest.zip ...

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Unable to download WURFL file from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... atest.zip' in /path/to/my/tera-wurfl/admin/updatedb.php:89 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /path/to/my/tera-wurfl/admin/updatedb.php on line 89

What can I do? I'm happy for any suggestion.
martina

Re: Installation file OK, but cannot update database

Postby kamermans » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:42 am

It looks like you web hosting service is limiting the number of MySQL queries you can perform in a given timeframe. If you're hosting this on your own server, or you otherwise have control over MySQL, you will want to edit your my.cnf file and increase the max_updates directive to something like 50000.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby martina » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Unfortunately I cannot change any database settings on my account. (At least I don't find any possibilities.)

So I tried to install tera-wurfl on an other account.
Connecting to DB server... OK
ERROR: Could not create MySQL Procedure. Please make sure you have these privileges: CREATE_ROUTINE, DROP, EXECUTE

And I get the known "Error in DB RIS Query" message running the test-script.

Where can I set those priviliges? Do I have to contact my provider?
martina

Postby kamermans » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:20 am

Those are MySQL privileges and can be configured in whatever you use to administer MySQL. Alternately, you can edit your config and change the Database Connector from MySQL5 to MySQL4. It will still work on MySQL5, but it won't use the stored procedures, so you won't need those permissions. The detection accuracy will be the same.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby martina » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks a lot - now it works!

Many greetings from Germany, Martina
martina

Postby jukooz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 pm

I have similar problem but it is highly unlikely that I'm using number of queries to reach a limit - on hostgator it is 25 simultaneous queries. And there is almost nothing going on.
When I'm trying to update database from wurfl.sourceforge.net, I get:
Downloading WURFL from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... latest.zip ...

Warning: file_get_contents(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... latest.zip) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in (...)/Tera-Wurfl/admin/updatedb.php on line 88

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Unable to download WURFL file from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... atest.zip' in (...)/Tera-Wurfl/admin/updatedb.php:89 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in (...)/Tera-Wurfl/admin/updatedb.php on line 89

I think it was ok after installation. Do you know what is happenning and how to fix it?

PS: I don't see "is_tablet" capability in Wurfl customizer.
jukooz

Postby kamermans » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi jukooz,

The problem is that we changed the License for the WURFL data in June 2011 and we moved the WURFL file to a different location so people don't accidentally upgrade to a version with a license that is incompatible with their usage. As a result, the update from Remote feature is not working, and you must instead download the WURFL file from http://wurfl.sourceforge.net and put it in your data/ directory, then do an upgrade from Local.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby jukooz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 am

I understand. Are you planning to make updating from server available again? Or maybe I might modify it so it would download from this new location?
jukooz

Postby kamermans » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:10 pm

We are still discussing this internally - it's possible that we will make it available via direct download at some point. Please note that commercial licensees have access to weekly data snapshots and a direct download URL, so this may be an option for you as well.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby jukooz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:50 am

Maybe in future. Now it's good that I know that it's not problem with my installation and everything is working fine, I just needed to download it manually.

Thanks
jukooz

Return to Installation / Configuration