Auto update option?

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

Auto update option?

Postby scottreed » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm not clear from the documentation how you keep the database updated? I see that there are three options when installing for where to retrieve the wurlf data from, but I do not see anything mentioning how future updates are done. Do they have to be done manually each time or is there a way to schedule an automatic recurring update from the wurfl website?
scottreed

Re: Auto update option?

Postby kamermans » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:29 pm

There is no auto-update option at this time. I have always wanted to implement this function directly in the code, but I never did because I would have needed to store the version number of the WURFL that is installed and periodically check if a newer version is available. In the current development branch, this version number and last updated date are stored in a table, so I will probably include this auto-update functionality in 2.1.3.

Until then, if you are on Linux you can use a crontab entry like this:

50 1 * * 0 root wget -O - 2>&1 > /dev/null -T0
http://www.yourdomain.com/Tera-WURFL/ad ... rce=remote

That would update Tera-WURFL every Sunday at 1:50am

See this site for more crontab examples:
http://www.pantz.org/software/cron/croninfo.html
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Re: Auto update option?

Postby scottreed » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:50 am

Perfect - not a problem. The crontab option if fine. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thank you!
scottreed

Return to Installation / Configuration