Terawurfl 2.1.0 and new wurfl.xml

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

Terawurfl 2.1.0 and new wurfl.xml

Postby sweep » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 am

Hi there, im currently using Tera-wurfl 2.1.0 and would like to use the new WURFL.xml which contains new smartphone capabilities (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wmlp ... sage/32667). Can you tell me if I can safely download this new wurfl or if I need a newer version of T-W ?

Cheers
sweep

Re: Terawurfl 2.1.0 and new wurfl.xml

Postby kamermans » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Yes, 2.1.0 will work with the new capabilities, however you will need to use a patchfile to prevent Tera-WURFL from breaking on certain Opera Mobi user agent. This patch file will be posted on the homepage within the hour.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby sweep » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:30 am

Hi, thanks for thr reply. What does that mean in terms of installation do i install the wurfl as normal and then apply a patch or do I have to manually modify the wurfl file ?
sweep

Postby kamermans » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:38 pm

The WURFL has been fixed so you don't need to worry about the patch file anymore, just update the WURFL from the Internet.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Return to Installation / Configuration