Can Tera Wurfl detect imei number?

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

Can Tera Wurfl detect imei number?

Postby joelin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi all,
Can Tera Wurfl detect my imei number,operator network gsm/wcdma and firmware version?
Thanks
joelin

Re: Can Tera Wurfl detect imei number?

Postby kamermans » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 am

The IMEI can only be reliably detected by the carrier since most devices do not send it in the request headers, the operator network can be detected by checking the source IP against a database of known carrier networks - I did put some work into the GURFL project, who's aim was carrier detection, but it is incomplete. If by firmware, you mean the current revision of the device's operating system (i.e. iOS4.1), this is detected by Tera-WURFL as device_os and device_os_version (http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/help_doc.php#product_info).
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby dlma2 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:15 pm

joelin wrote:Hi all,
Can Tera Wurfl detect my imei number,operator network gsm/wcdma and firmware version?
Thanks

You can detect your IMEI number by either ways....
1.While your phone is switched on, type *#06#, your phone would then display its IMEI number.
2.The IMEI number of your phone can be found printed on the phone underneath the battery.

IMEI is the abbreviation for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is a number unique to every GSM or UMTS mobile phone in the world. An IMEI number contains 15-17 digits. The IMEI number is used by the network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used to stop a stolen phone from accessing the network. The IMEI number is only used to identify the device, and has no permanent or semi-permanent relation to the subscriber.For further assistance log on to unlock-free
dlma2

Postby lovewow » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:34 am

I did put some work into the GURFL project, who's aim was carrier detection, but it is incomplete.
lovewow

Return to Installation / Configuration