Problem displaying PHP page

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

Problem displaying PHP page

Postby llaregina » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:42 pm

I'm working in a Windows/XP environment, trying to incorporate WURFL into an ASP application. I installed PHP and placed the Tera-WURFL folder in the root directory, but whenever I try to bring up the install.php page all I get is the text displayed.

I've read other posts and tried poking around, but not sure what the problem is. Can anyone help?
llaregina

Re: Problem displaying PHP page

Postby kamermans » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:13 pm

The most likely problem is that you don't have the MySQLi extension installed and PHP can't parse the page. By default, PHP ships with "display_errors" off, so it is not showing you the cause of the problem - this is for security reasons so your code isn't exposed in the event of an error. If you enable errors in your php.ini file, you should see the error instead of a blank page. On Windows, PHP extensions are DLL files (they are in the "ext" folder inside your PHP installation, MySQLi is "php_mysqli.dll") and they are enabled/disabled in the php.ini as well - edit that file and do a quick search for php_mysqli.dll, if you find it and it's commented out, uncomment it. If you don't find it, make sure the file "ext/php_mysqli.dll" exists in your install dir, and if it does, edit php.ini and put "extension=php_mysqli.dll" at the end of the file, then restart your webserver. By the way, are you using IIS or something like WampServer?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby llaregina » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi Steve

I updated the PHP.ini file to display_errors=On and display_startup_errors=On, and still only the php source displays. When I type 'http://localhost/Tera-WURFL/admin/install.php' into IE, a File Download window opens and prompts me to Open or Save the file. I click Open and the source displays.

Mysqli.dll is present in the Ext folder, and 'extension=php_mysqli.dll' is listed at the end of the ini file.

I'm running IIS as the web server.
llaregina

Postby kamermans » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Since IE prompts you to download the page, IIS is probably not configured correctly. You will need to go into the properties of your site in IIS and configure the MIME type / Application Mapping. Are you using IIS 6 or 7? How did you install PHP, with the MSI installer or a ZIP file?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby llaregina » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm not sure how to configure the MIME type. I used the msi inistaller to insall PHP. I am on version 5.1 of IIS.
llaregina

Postby kamermans » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:32 pm

You should be able to open the IIS Manager, then right click on the site and go to properties, then go to the Home Directory tab and click Configuration - you should see a list of file types and the program that handles that file type.

You may be able to follow this guide to get it up and running: www.iis-aid.com/articles/how_to_guides/ ... s?page=0,2
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby llaregina » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 am

Hi Steve

I've had to work on other things and just got back to this. Thanks for sending me the detailed info and link.

I downloaded the chglist.vbs script, and ran the DOS command. I get a message "SUCCESS: Updated W3SVC/ScriptMaps" - however, there is no PHPisapi.dll in the directory specified, or anywhere (I searched for it). I'll try to get back to it later and see if I can figure out what's going on, but wanted to give you an update in case you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Laura LaRegina
llaregina

Return to Installation / Configuration