MSSQL problem

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

MSSQL problem

Postby hungeri » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 am

Hello there,

I need T-W to work in a server which uses MsSQL. I was very happy as I faced: T-W has got now the support for MsSQL.
Unfortunately it did not succeded to get work, I set the $DB_CONNECTOR = "MSSQL2005"; as required and went to admin/install.php. First I got a PHP error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SopronWeb\tera\DatabaseConnectors\TeraWurflDatabase_MSSQL2005.php on line 571

I visited the 571st row and as I well see, the problem is in the 568th row: there must be missing something: I expanded the row with "); so theoroticaly it should be okay, but after refreshing I'v got a total blank page...

Do anybody have oportunities with MsSQL, and / or have anybody any idea, what's wrong? I use the latest (2.1.3) version of T-W...

Thx in advance!
hungeri

PS.: MAybe this is an important information: before set the MSSQL connector, everything was found fine by the install.php except the database, as there is no mysql service...
hungeri

Re: MSSQL problem

Postby kamermans » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Crap, I broke that line just before I released 2.1.3 and after I did the tests :(

Here's the commit with the correct line: https://github.com/kamermans/Tera-WURFL ... 5.php#L575

I will fix it and release it ASAP!

You can get yours working by either replacing line 568 with this correct version:
Code: Select all
$res = sqlsrv_query($this->dbcon,"SELECT @@VERSION AS server_version");

Or you can download the fixed package from GitHub: https://github.com/kamermans/Tera-WURFL (click on Downloads in the upper-right)
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Return to Installation / Configuration