Internal Server Error after wurfl upload

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

Re: Internal Server Error after wurfl upload

Postby jhodgski » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Hiya Steve,

The WURFL Customizer is an excellent bit of kit! Great stuff all round.

I'm still using the MySQL4 connector. Can you take a look at my other post at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103 for more info and respond if you're able to help.

Many thanks,
James
jhodgski

Postby jhodgski » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:42 am

Steve,
Do you have any plans to integrate the WURFL Customizer into a web app? Am thinking it would be great if I could set a client up with Tera-WURFL and they just do a single click to perform device updates.

UPDATE: Have just read about your Remove Webservice component at http://www.tera-wurfl.com/wiki/index.ph ... Webservice . Just the job! So all I'd need to do for any client is just upload the TeraWurflRemoteClient.php file and create a custom php file based on...
Code: Select all
require_once('../TeraWurflRemoteClient.php');
$wurflObj = new TeraWurflRemoteClient('http://localhost/Tera-Wurfl/webservice.php');
// The groups or capabilities you want to use
$capabilities = array("is_wireless_device|brand_name|model_name|playback|tera_wurfl");
$wurflObj->getCapabilitiesFromAgent(TeraWurflRemoteClient::getUserAgent(),$capabilities);
echo "You are on a {$wurflObj->getDeviceCapability('brand_name')} {$wurflObj->getDeviceCapability('model_name')}<br/>";
$text = $wurflObj->getDeviceCapability('is_wireless_device')? "This device is wireless": "This device is a desktop web browser";
echo $text;

...?!

Cheers,
James
jhodgski

Postby kamermans » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:17 am

That's right - with the Remote Webservice, you just need to upload that one file and use a script like you posted to point to a full Tera-WURFL install. It makes it a lot easier to manage as well since you only need to update your full server and the Remote clients will be updated as well :)
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby kamermans » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:18 am

Oh, and I'm certainly going to find a better way to allow inline updates using a smaller WURFL file without having to shrink it manually :)
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Installation / Configuration