Missing device wurfl id - popular Atrix MB860

Installing and configuring Tera-WURFL on your server.

Missing device wurfl id - popular Atrix MB860

Postby larrywallace » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi,

I just finished installing Tera-Wurfl and tested with the Motorola Atrix MB860.

The Tera-Wufrl Explorer website shows this wurfl-id and it even shows up in the wurfl.xml file apparently the updatedb script loaded into the database.

Output from Tera-Wurfl Explorer
Exploring Matched Device: Motorola MB860 (Atrix) (report invalid result)
WURFL ID: mot_mb860_ver1
WURFL User Agent: (com

But on inspection of the Motorola database table I do not see this device listed?? This puzzles me. The table should have this listing but does not even after dropping the tables and running the script several times.

Larry
larrywallace

Re: Missing device wurfl id - popular Atrix MB860

Postby kamermans » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:05 am

Hi Larry, the Atrix probably has a weird user agent and does not end up in the Motorola table. In Tera-WURFL Explorer, look in the tera_wurfl section at UserAgentMatcher to see where the UA lives.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby larrywallace » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks, I confirmed that for the Atrix device it is falling back to the generic_xhtml specs, as such, the display resolution incorrectly shows up as 128x92. Besides submitting device info online, how can I add/edit a customized entry into the tables, so I can detect the right display info for the Atrix?
larrywallace

Postby kamermans » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Here's a patch file that you can use to get your local installation to recognize the Atrix in laptop mode (phone mode is already recognized):

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wurfl_patch>
   <devices>
      <device user_agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv7l; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101218 Firefox/3.6.13 MB860/Version.4.0.2210.MB860.ATT.en.US" fall_back="mot_mb860_ver1" id="mot_mb_860_ver1_desktop">
         <group id="product_info">
            <capability name="is_wireless_device" value="false" />
         </group>
         <group id="display">
            <capability name="resolution_width" value="1366" />
            <capability name="resolution_height" value="768" />
         </group>
      </device>
   </devices>
</wurfl_patch>

The is_wireless_device setting is commonly used to serve a watered-down mobile site, so you may want to keep it as false if it can handle desktop sites ok.

To use this, copy the code and paste it into a new text file called atrix_patch.xml or something similar, then put it in the data/ dir, then edit TeraWurflConfig.php and add your file to the end of the PATCH_FILE option and reload the WURFL.

I got this user agent from an Atrix at an AT&T store a couple days ago, so it's possible that it is different from yours, but it should still be detected properly.

Let me know how this works out.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby larrywallace » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:17 pm

It did not work. Reloaded wurfl and cleared cache. Still showing incorrect values. Could it be due to incorrect user agent string?
larrywallace

Postby kamermans » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:53 pm

This device has a different user agent in mo lie mode than it does in laptop mode. What mode Are you using it in? Also, what is your user agent? You can send it to me by submitting a user agent submission from your device at http://www.Tera-WURFL.com/ua_submission/
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

kamermans
Site Admin

Return to Installation / Configuration