Top User Mobile User Agents

Integrating Tera-WURFL in your applications.

Top User Mobile User Agents

Postby baldacchino » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Hello,
I am new to TerraWurfl but am really liking it.

I work for a company that generates about 70GB of weblogs per day, I am parsing these with AwStats with the TeraWURFL plugin.

What I am after for our marketting department is a breakdown on say the top 20 mobile user agents hitting our website.

Is there any way to grab this information??

It doesnt need to look pretty, I can see from the cache that WURFL is servicing requests, surely we can extract this infomration.

Thanks in advance

Shane
baldacchino

Re: Top User Mobile User Agents

Postby kamermans » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Currently, the frequency or count of unique visiting user agents is not recorded since the DB updates would cause unnecessarily high load. If you want to track them, I suppose you could extend the TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php class (or whatever database connector you're using), and save this information at each request. If you do create a custom database connector, just give it a name like TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5_Logged.php or something, then in your config file you would use MySQL5_Logged instead of MySQL5 and it will use your custom DB connector.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Return to Using Tera-WURFL