Tera-WURFL and Firefox User Agent Switcher!!!

Integrating Tera-WURFL in your applications.

Re: Tera-WURFL and Firefox User Agent Switcher!!!

Postby rappadappa77 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:59 pm

That is correct, it's different on some devices.

If this is omitted 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8' , wouldn't devices that support that can't access the website also?
rappadappa77

Postby kawakibi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:09 am

sorry for interupting, my name is kawakibi , and from indonesia..

so i just tested tera wurfl , and it's awesome !! :D

i just look into sub forum on this place, where by the defaul, we cannot override the default user agent, to be generic web browser, which i mean, i use switcher iphone 3.0 from FF and paste it into generif patch file.

and i found this thread, :D

in page 1, u said , dont need terra wurfl to scan user agent, but how? too many parameters for detecting the fake one? like u guys just did it.

my site was being attacked from bot by using agent switcher to access the web via mobile.

now i put the recaptcha on my mobile site, but it decrease my visitor to posting...

thx, and sorry for my english :D
kawakibi

Postby kamermans » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:12 am

Sorry to be so slow on this, guys, but it's a complicated problem without a good solution. Bots can easily fake almost every HTTP header and there is nothing you can do to stop them. The FireFox user agent switcher is less of a problem since it only changes the user agent, but still, unless you can find something about the other HTTP headers that do not exist in real mobile clients, there is no real way to accurately filter them. Additionally, there are genuine systems out there, like Google's mobile crawler, that will crawl your site using a mobile user agent in order to index your content from a mobile perspective.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby rappadappa77 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi Kamermans,

I'm a little confused about where to put the code, including the first detection code, my wapsite has a wml homepage, but it is also attached to an index.php page, some help please?

Howard
rappadappa77

Postby kamermans » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:17 pm

It sounds like index.php is your default page, so you would want to put the code in the top of that page so it can determine whether the visitor gets the WML or your other site.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby rappadappa77 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Kamermans,

I haven't installed the options you gave me, but i also noticed now that it's not showing the info that is required anymore, Is there an update for this?

Howard
rappadappa77

Previous

Return to Using Tera-WURFL