Webservice Error

Using Tera-WURFL's Remote Webservice Client. This includes the pre-packaged clients that come with Tera-WURFL and any other client you may have made to use the webservice.

Webservice Error

Postby renclav » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:42 am

Hi All

Occasionally, I get an error,

"[TeraWurflWebservice] ERROR: Error: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now"

not every day, but it does occur often enough.

Anyone else seen this, know what's up?

Dylan
renclav

Re: Webservice Error

Postby kamermans » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 am

This happens when a command is issued to MySQL and it's response is not completely consumed before another query is sent. It's likely that you're using the MySQL5 adapter since it's the only one that issues queries that return multiple result sets. I'll have to look at the code to see why this might be happening, but, in the meantime, can you try editing the MySQL5 database connector PHP file and changing:
Code: Select all
public $db_implements_ris = true;

to

Code: Select all
public $db_implements_ris = false;

If the problems goes away I will know where to look for the problem.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby renclav » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:56 am

Thank you Steve, I have implemented the fix on our live servers and will let you know towards the end of next week if this error is still occurring.

Regards
Dylan
renclav

Postby kamermans » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 am

Great - thanks! Also, you should note that this could decrease performance for uncached device lookups, particularly if MySQL is not on the same server as Tera-WURFL since there will be more, larger queries. On the other hand, it may decrease the load on the MySQL server since more of the logic is being performed in PHP.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby renclav » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:07 am

Happy to report the error has not reared it's head since the aforementioned edit :)
renclav

Return to Using the Remote Webservice