webservice.php changes from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2

Using Tera-WURFL's Remote Webservice Client. This includes the pre-packaged clients that come with Tera-WURFL and any other client you may have made to use the webservice.

webservice.php changes from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2

Postby marcguay » Mon May 31, 2010 1:21 pm

I've just run into the fact that the structure of the XML returned by webservice.php has changed between 2.1.0 and 2.1.2. The <search> wrapper disappeared and now my custom calls to the webservice will need to be updated. Perhaps it would be simpler to just put the tag back in.

FYI for anyone upgrading.
marcguay

Re: webservice.php changes from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2

Postby kamermans » Mon May 31, 2010 4:22 pm

This is very interesting - I think it probably changed in version 2.1.1, but either way, I was not aware that I had removed that tag - sorry for the confusion! Also, if you are using a language that supports JSON structures (like PHP), you may want to use JSON instead of XML for the webservice - it keeps the response very small and encoding/decoding is much faster. Thanks for the tip about the <search> tag!
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Return to Using the Remote Webservice