Existing wall can be used with remote webservice?

Using Tera-WURFL's Remote Webservice Client. This includes the pre-packaged clients that come with Tera-WURFL and any other client you may have made to use the webservice.

Existing wall can be used with remote webservice?

Postby bhupendra » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:06 am

I am using tera-wurfl on multiple servers along with wall.Is it possible that I can use wall with remote web service of tera-wurfl.
I need this because in one server on shared hosting I can't install tera wurfl because I am getting error in admin/index.php class mysqli not found on line 477 of DatabaseConnectors/TeraWurflDatabase_MySQL5.php and install.php is displaying nothing even nothing on error log. On another server I encountered some errors which I resolved.Here is the link of that http://www.stonerocket.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134049
So is it possible to use wall in this manner.
bhupendra

Re: Existing wall can be used with remote webservice?

Postby kamermans » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:14 am

Hi Bhupendra, sorry about the slow response! I was working on an updated version of WALL4PHP that was compatible with the Remote Webservice. This shouldn't require much work. If you are still interested in using WALL with the webservice, I will get it working today and post it to the main site.

Thank you for your patience!
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby bhupendra » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks a lot and you are giving precious time to us, you need not to be sorry. :D
bhupendra

Postby kamermans » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:04 am

I'm working on the documentation right now, but the library is updated and tested to support the webservice - you can download it from http://www.tera-wurfl.com/wiki/index.ph ... s#WALL4PHP

Make sure to edit the wall_prepend.php file and look for the new settings that I've added for the webservice.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby kamermans » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:29 am

The documentation is located at http://www.tera-wurfl.com/wiki/index.php/WALL4PHP

Please let me know if you have any problems!
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby bhupendra » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks, but my 'host' is like a 'ghost', I am getting this error
Fatal error: Call to undefined
method
TeraWurflRemoteClient::getDeviceCapabilitiesFromAgent
() in /home/xxxx/
public_html/WALL4PHP/
Wall.php on line 112

TeraWurflRemoteClient.php is included properly and my site http://waptag.tk/index.php is using it without wall.
This host is weird, when I uploaded tera wurfl and tried to use it I got error at admin/index.php that class mysqli not found and such error is coming everywhere a file is included such as files for xml configuration classes.I reported this to hosting support but they says problem is with script so contact the author.I think its time to change the host.
Edit:- this method doesn't exist terawurflremoteclient.php of tera wurfl 2.1.2.Which method I should write in wall.php.
bhupendra

Postby kamermans » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Oh, sorry about that - I wrote it against version 2.1.3 beta :(. Please change getDeviceCapabilitiesFromAgent to getCapabilitiesFromAgent. I've also fixed it in the download.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

kamermans
Site Admin

Postby bhupendra » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks it is working perfectly. :-D
bhupendra

Return to Using the Remote Webservice