HTC Desire

Discussion about devices being detected incorrectly. You can submit incorrectly detected user agents online at http://www.tera-wurfl.com/ua_submission

HTC Desire

Postby playadz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:24 am

Hi,

I wonder why for the htc desire we have the following
device_id:
Code: Select all
htc_desire_ver1

fall_back:
Code: Select all
htc_desire_a8181_ver1

and the htc_desire_a8181_ver1 device does not exist

Also, I would have expected htc_desire_ver1 to be a root device and it is not.

Is it a bug?

Thanks
playadz

Re: HTC Desire

Postby kamermans » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

You are correct. All devices should (normally) fallback to a _ver1 root device; however, I am not familiar with this particular device so there may be some reason that this was done. Either way, if the fallback device does not exist, this is a bug.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby playadz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:37 am

All right, thanks.

How should I report it?
playadz

Postby kamermans » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 pm

You can report the problem directly to the WURFL support team by posting the problem on the WMLProgramming Yahoo mailing list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wmlprogramming/), or I can post it when I get back later tonight.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:19 am

My Desire finds several Bluetooth devices, but not my headsets. I've tried multiple ways to eliminate errors, such as turning on/off wifi, rebooting etc but nothing seems to work.

The Desire "sees" several computers around me, but neither of my two Sony Ericsson Bluetooth headsets. I would guess that it somehow is related to the backwards compatibility of the Bluetooth. But, silly to get a new great phone and then have to buy a new headset?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I called HTC support, and they made a full support job of the issue, saying they had never heard it before.
Jordan

Return to Device Detection Problems