Where can I find the original header from a transcoder?

Discussion about devices being detected incorrectly. You can submit incorrectly detected user agents online at http://www.tera-wurfl.com/ua_submission

Where can I find the original header from a transcoder?

Postby gh_ » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 pm

I am using the latest Tera-WURFL release, there is a possible header location for the original ua (cap['transcoding']['transcoder_ua_header']), if passed by a transparent transcoder. For testing, I am using an n-71 phone with opera mini, and trying to find the n-71 ua when i request a page, but it isn't part of the $_SERVER variable, is there somewhere else I can look for this value? Or is Opera mini not passing it at all? (in which case I understand that I cannot get to it, and I'd appreciate a recommendation for a transparent transcoding browser with which to test this on my n71)

To rephrase: I am looking for the original ua string, if I can get it, from behind a ( hopefully transparent ) transcoder.
I know that a possible header location is given in, but cannot find this header in practice.
gh_

Re: Where can I find the original header from a transcoder?

Postby kamermans » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:05 am

If the original UA is not in the $_SERVER request, unfortunately it is lost. Sometimes instead of passing the original UA the device will send a bastardized version of the Opera Mini UA with some information about the device.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
Tera-WURFL Author
COO of ScientiaMobile

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Tera-WURFL and WURFL have joined forces! We have launched ScientiaMobile to provide commercial support for our device detection solutions.

Tera-WURFL.com | Device Explorer
kamermans
Site Admin

Return to Device Detection Problems